You’ve found properties on the MLS you’re interested in seeing, We’ve set up your showings and we head out soon to see them! Before we head out here are a few important things to know:
- Most sellers require you are pre-approved before being able to see their home.
- Sellers often require 24 hours notice prior to showings. They may also put other limitations on showings such as no showings after 6pm or on Sundays, etc.
- Wear comfortable slip on shoes as we may be asked to remove our shoes in some homes.
- If a lot of sunlight is important to you in a home, then try to do showings during daylight hours.
- Vacant houses may not have any utilities turned on.
- Don’t assume we’ll be able to use the restroom so plan accordingly.
- Focus on the property not their furnishings, artwork, etc. as you’re buying the property not their stuff.
- Avoid touching furniture or personal items as we don’t want to be responsible should something break.
- Remind children not to play with the toys and things they see in the house.
- The home inspection comes AFTER a contract is agreed upon and signed by both the buyer and seller. During a typical showing we should not be in the crawl spaces, attic, etc.
- If sellers are home, be careful not to give too much away about yourself and why you’re buying as that information could hurt us later during the negotiation process.
- Bring drinks and snacks as looking at lots of homes can be grueling!
Generally the day before we are scheduled to look at home number 15, will email you an address of where we are meeting and when. If you prefer we pick you up and drive you, that’s perfectly fine, just let us know at least one day in advance.
Now let’s go see some homes!